At Skyros you will meet a unique kind of pony. It is the Skyrian horse and the trademark of the island. Hora is built round a venetian castle and is very picturesque. If you like local craft, you will be threaled with the skyrian ceramics and the embroidery.
Find a SailBoat
Name of place: Skyros
Basic tourist information
- At Skyros you will meet a unique kind of pony. It is the Skyrian horse and the trademark of the island.
- Hora is built round a venetian castle and is very picturesque.
- If you like local craft, you will be threaled with the skyrian ceramics and the embroidery.
- The N side of the island is very windy. Be careful of the rough seas.
- Do not miss to taste fresh fish and lobster pasta at a local taverna.
- Kyra-Panagia is a beach popular with families thanks to its shallow waters and the protection from all weathers. Tou papa to houma is an beach for those who want to swim naked.
- You will find a diving centre at Linaria.
- Mooring: Moor alongside the W quay. On the E side there are underwater pipes between two buoys. If there is no place in the harbour you can anchor off- shore, in the cove.
- Shelter: from all weathers. Bottom of weed, poor holding.
- Available services: fuel station, water on the quay, pharmacy, ATM, motor bike rental. Super market, Cafes, tavernas. Bus twice a day for the town -distance 10km.
- Linaria bay. Just N of linaria port. It offers protection from N winds but open to S. Bottom mud gives good holding. Anchor off. There is a small pier for dinghy. One taverna.
- Kalamitsa. Long pebbly beach, ideal for watersports. And popular with wind surfers because it is open to S winds.
- Atsitsa. A very beautiful pebbly beach up to the sea, full of vegetation. Very interesting site, with strange shaped rocks.
Useful Telephone Numbers
|Port Authorities phone number
| +30 22220 96475
|| +30 22220 92222
|| +30 22220 91274
|| +30 22220 91274